Trends in Global Shareholder Litigation: Implementing a Governance Policy
DATE: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
TIME: 14:00 BST | 9:00am EDT
During recent years, the global shareholder litigation landscape has become increasingly fractured and complex. More organizers are pursuing more opportunities in more countries. Established jurisdictions are changing their laws and ways of managing matters, and funders are offering new ways to monetize claim value. All of this has created practical challenges for fund fiduciaries and their advisers tasked with managing things.
This webinar does not focus on this litigation, but on the operational challenges flowing from it. We discuss how leading institutions and their advisers have been anticipating the challenges and putting in place processes and procedures before they are needed, significantly reducing administrative burdens when those needs inevitably occur.
During the program we will identify many of the challenges – some unique to fund owners and others unique to investment managers – and suggest ways to keep ahead of the curve and achieve operational efficiency.
Key learning objectives we will discuss are:
- Overall trends impacting the market
- Trends in securities and antitrust litigation
- Trends in monetizing claim value
- Synthetic investments
- What this means for fiduciaries/beneficial owners
- Implementation of policies in line with Corporate Governance strategy
- Leveraging technology – what can be automated to streamline the recovery process
- What this means for investment managers
- Unique ways this affects advisers
- Need to implement policies beforehand
- Tesco litigation example
Subscribe to FRT’s Monthly Newsletter
Financial Recovery Technologies’ Shareholder Litigation Fast Five provides you with the top news in shareholder class actions. This is your exclusive summary of the latest industry developments related to settled, group and antitrust actions and recovery opportunities. Click here to subscribe.
To learn more about how FRT can help your firm maximize recoveries in shareholder class action settlements, contact us at email@example.com.
- Three Key Things to Know About Non-U.S. Jurisdictions
- FX Case Update (March 2019): Memo filed in support of motion for initial distribution
- Case Spotlight: FX Canada
- A look back at Antitrust Litigation in 2018
- Three Non-U.S. Passive Participation Opportunities to Keep on Your Radar
- EU Proposal May Move European Jurisdiction Risk Profiles Closer to the U.S.
- Securities Class Action Cases: Quarterly Disbursed Claims – Q4-2018
- Unique Data in Complex J.P. Morgan ADR Case Presents Filing Challenges
- FRT Insights – Quarterly Newsletter: January 2019
SETTLED CLAIMS I PASSIVE GROUP I ANTITRUST I FUTURE CLAIMS I OPT-IN MONITORING I OPT-OUT MONITORING
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is the leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.