and other non-securities litigation
Be informed of recovery opportunities from Antitrust class action litigations
How are you staying informed on the latest antitrust litigation developments? What process do you have in place for recovery opportunities outside of the traditional U.S. passive claims filing for securities class actions?
FRT Antitrust helps clients maximize recoveries in non-securities class actions including those under federal antitrust laws, the Commodity Exchange Act, and other laws relevant to their business.
These cases arise out of anti-competitive behavior and/or market manipulation, often involving financial instruments or traded contracts (including commodities) other than stocks and bonds. They differ from securities class actions in that the cases themselves involve different bodies of law and different processes for recovery.
FRT Antitrust is designed to help you be informed of recovery opportunities from market manipulation for various financial instruments, commodities, and traded contracts.
Stay Informed of Every Antitrust Opportunity
As pioneers in Antitrust recovery, FRT has developed repeatable, controlled workflows designed especially for the purpose of handling unique antitrust cases:
- Timely notifications of recovery opportunities from the FRT Antitrust pipeline
- Preliminary Alerts: Once there are settlements in a case, FRT will issue a Preliminary Alert to inform clients. Alerts include relevant information including class period, potential included instruments, settling defendants and more
- Full Alerts: FRT will issue a Full Alert providing a more comprehensive case summary including a description of the class, eligible transaction types, claim process schedule and deadlines, summary of the Plan of Allocation (if available), and next steps for interested clients
- Opportunity analysis detailing case eligibility, data mapping, transaction analysis, loss/damage calculations and the required steps for each opportunity
- Knowledgeable legal and operations teams for pre-filing guidance, ongoing support, custom research and where possible, filing and recovery coordination
- Access to FRT’s legal team for ongoing support and custom research
FRT Antitrust Process
FRT Antitrust is a comprehensive service – from monitoring, case research, claim filing and participation support:
Monitor proprietary channels for non-securities cases
Identify recovery opportunities to help make independent claims filing decisions
Notify clients when new cases are added and significant milestones, such as settlement, are reached.
Analyze losses and assess damages
File claims forms
Recover funds, verify accuracy and remit funds to client
Recent and Upcoming Antitrust Cases
compensation funds from deferred prosecution
agreements (DPAs) entered into separately with three
banks: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMorgan), Deutsche Bank
Aktiengesellshaft (Deutsche Bank), and Bank of Nova
$152M total settlement
The court has preliminarily approved a $50M third and
final partial settlement of claims against all remaining
defendants. With the earlier $102M partial settlements
of claims against Deutsche Bank and HSBC, the total
recovery in this case is $152M.
the sole market makers for Mexican Government Bonds
issued by the Mexican government through the Bank of
Mexico, and that they conspired to manipulate and fix prices
in both the primary and secondary markets during the