On Friday, 13 July 2018, the Amsterdam Court of Appeal declared the €1.308 billion Fortis settlement entered into between Ageas, Stichting FORsettlement, and the claimant organisations, binding. Ageas issued a press release (link) providing the following details:
- 27 July 2018: Notice of binding declaration sent to all known Eligible Shareholders
- 28 July 2018: Claim Filing Begins – FRT will begin to file for clients impacted by this case
- 31 December 2018:
- Opt-Out Deadline
- Early Filing Deadline – Investors who file prior to this date will receive early distribution of 70% of their compensation
- 28 July 2019: Claims Filing Deadline – deadline for submitting Claims Forms
The Fortis settlement represents the largest class action under the Dutch collective settlement procedures (learn more about Dutch Foundations). Now that the Foundation has declared the settlement binding, post-settlement administration is very similar to that of a U.S. claims submission process.
For more details including case background, timing and how to file for this case or FRT Global Group Litigation service, please contact your FRT representative or email us at email@example.com.
- Case Updates:
- Whitepaper: Global Landscape Continues to Evolve in the Wake of Morrison Decision
U.S. CLAIMS I GLOBAL GROUP LITIGATION I ANTITRUST I LITIGATION MONITORING I BUYOUTS
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is a leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.