Alex Watler is a Product Manager at Financial Recovery Technologies and is primarily responsible for FRT’s product offerings and ensuring what we deliver to our clients aligns with the expectations from the market. Before joining FRT, Alex was a Business Analyst at a financial services technology company where he gained experience in product management, software development, and the fin-tech industry.
1. What are the top priorities and biggest challenges for your role and department?
The top priority for FRT’s Product team is to ensure that we deliver solutions that align with expectations from the market. The biggest challenge in achieving that is trying to keep pace with the ever-evolving market and making corresponding changes to how we deliver our services as FRT continues to grow and expand aggressively.
2. What is your biggest achievement to date at FRT?
FRT is growing exponentially. I was hired as employee number 30 and I am very proud to be able to say that. We continue to hire more people each week and we are nearing 100 employees. In addition to our increase in capital, our solutions and services are continuously evolving to keep up with the changing landscape. It is rewarding to be part of the development team that delivered the first release of our Client Portal in 2016 as well as the many iterations and enhancements we’ve made over the years.
3. What brought you to FRT and what keeps you here?
I came to FRT because of the small, entrepreneurial start-up culture and the intellectually interesting landscape our business operates within. As we are at the crossroads of finance, law, and technology, it is a niche market with many opportunities for innovation. We are without a doubt the leader in the space, and my tenure continues because of our growth, innovation and of course the smart and dedicated people I get to work with daily.
4. What is FRT doing to ensure they are adapting to the changing landscape of the class action industry while continuing to meet the needs of current and future clients?
We are continuously enhancing our solutions to keep pace with the changing landscape. The market and overall perception of global shareholder litigation are shifting, so FRT is constantly evolving across all departments (i.e., product, operations, sales, marketing, etc.) to align with this new reality.
5. What advice do you have for someone considering a career at FRT in Product Marketing or Product Management?
Always continue to learn about different types of roles, functions, and organizational structures. In any job, you will interact with so many kinds of people and areas that it will go a long way in your personal and professional successes to have a baseline understanding of their perspective.
For more information on what our employees have to say about their experiences with FRT, check out our careers page.
- Employee Spotlight: Emily Fortin
- Employee Spotlight: Iris Sanxhaku
- Employee Spotlight: Joseph Brown
- Employee Spotlight: Andrew Lasky
- Employee Spotlight: Kate Richman
- Employee Spotlight: Kim Smith
- Employee Spotlight: Jeff Kirstein
- Employee Spotlight: Malav Mehta
- Employee Spotlight: Charlotte Allen
- Employee Spotlight: Tawsif Choudhury
U.S. CLAIMS I GLOBAL GROUP LITIGATION I ANTITRUST I LITIGATION MONITORING I BUYOUTS
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is a leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.