Our April webinar on ‘Understanding Shareholder Loss Estimates in Non-U.S. Jurisdictions‘ highlights the similarities and differences of estimating losses among countries including the United States, Australia, Japan and other Non-U.S. jurisdictions. We’ve highlighted some of the key quotes from this 30-minute webinar. You can download the full transcript to the webinar here.
U.S. Settled Class Actions and Antitrust Settlements
- “Whether it’s a securities or an antitrust class action, in the US, your damages considerations are primarily settlement driven. In other words, the models I’ve described are the results of algorithms that are approved by the courts after a settlement has taken place, which makes it more or less set in stone and not really open to dispute, except in rare instances.” -Chris Looby, Director of Operations, Financial Recovery Technologies
Non-US Jurisdictions – Australia and Japan
- “In both Australia and Japan jurisdictions, a history of court or settlement guidance, as well as some statutory guidance, has led to more standardized processes.” -Emily Fortin, Associate Counsel, Financial Recovery Technologies
- “When the models differ, comparing loss estimates is like comparing apples to oranges. It complicates decision making around case registration, and FRT is spending more and more time helping clients understand variances and the reason for them.” -Mike Lange, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Litigation, Financial Recovery Technologies
To learn more about how FRT can help your firm maximize recoveries in shareholder class action settlements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Webinar] Understanding Shareholder Loss Estimates in Non-U.S. Jurisdictions
- [Report] A Primer on Global Group Litigation
- [Blog] 5 Ways Loss Estimation Comes Into Play in Non-U.S. Securities Litigation
- [Blog] Webinar Replay: Lessons Learned from Recent Shareholder Litigation Cases Outside the United States
- [Blog] FRT FAQs: Passive Group Litigation
- [Blog] Part 1: Three reasons why firms are implementing a shareholder litigation policy
SETTLED CLAIMS I PASSIVE GROUP I ANTITRUST I FUTURE CLAIMS I OPT-IN MONITORING I OPT-OUT MONITORING
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is the leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability, and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: email@example.com
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and do not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.