Case Study: US Hedge Fund Switches from In-House to FRT for their Class Action Recovery
US HEDGE FUND SWITCHES FROM IN-HOUSE TO FINANCIAL RECOVERY TECHNOLOGIES FOR THEIR CLASS ACTION RECOVERY
Analysis reveals over $2m in missed recovery opportunities. $1.2m recovered within the first six months.
Prior Filing Strategy: Client managed their class action recovery in-house, which they thought had them covered.
Client’s Objective: Improve their class action recovery process to be more proactive, effective to maximize recoveries
- Didn’t pay much attention to class action recoveries as returns had been minimal
- Reduce burden on their team that found their in-house process to be reactive and ineffective
- Ensure they were truly covered for all recoveries
Analysis of Client’s Process
- Our analysis showed that client missed money due to them.
- Client had missed more than 15 recent cases relevant to them, with total recognized losses of $50+ million
- FRT’s analysis estimates +$2m in recoveries from these missed cases. FRT was able to file late claims for these cases
- Immediate and substantial contribution to the bottom line: FRT was able to identify and file for 15 cases client had missed filing. Client has already recovered $1.2m from these cases in the first six months of coming onboard.
- Data Integration reducing operational burden: Client benefits from third-party data integration enabling a quick onboarding process of their data. This allowed FRT to file quickly on cases that had been missed.
- Effective claims recovery process in place that makes almost no demand on client’s own resources: FRT’s 140+ employees all solely focused on securities class actions recoveries with 80% dedicated to Legal & Research, Client Service and Operations.
- Comprehensive solution: Client benefited from expanded coverage and recovery opportunities across all types of cases including non-US and Antitrust