Join a fast-growing company that is transforming its industry! Financial Recovery Technologies has become a trusted partner to hedge funds, mutual funds, custodians, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investment firms, and our best-in-class people and technology have made FRT a market leader. As a Data Reconciliation Analyst, you will own the reconciliation of financial transaction data which is at the heart of our recovery efforts and our ability to provide the information which allows the top financial institutions in the world to make informed decisions about whether and how to pursue recovery opportunities after portfolio losses.
The Role: As Data Reconciliation Analyst, you will:
- Dig deeply into clients’ equity and/or fixed income trading history and end of day holdings data to perform reconciliation, identify data gaps, and find potential solutions.
- Understand corporate actions (Stock Split, Mergers, IPO, etc.) and their impact on clients’ trading history.
- Help build tools and processes to improve and scale the data reconciliation competency.
- Build strong relationships with peers across corporate functions including:
- Data Integration and Client Services professionals, who you’ll work with to provide feedback on imported client data.
- Operations professionals, who will rely on your analysis skills in determining eligibility and funds recovery, filing claims, and remediating deficiencies.
- Product and technology teams, who will count on you to serve as a resource as they develop technology to support operational requirements.
- Quickly and accurately extract, load, and transform client data.
- Use ETL tools to load FRT client data.
- Develop SQL programming/scripting experience, specifically in Oracle SQL
- Be a source of new business requirements that can be used to automate data loading processes.
- Identify and communicate data quality issues.
- Quickly synthesize issues for colleagues to look at/resolve.
- Document gaps in existing processes
- Verify quality of client data through existing processes
Our ideal candidate has:
- Deep analytical experience, including hands on work processing information and testing assumptions – a minimum of 3 years overall professional experience is necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Business or Quantitative field (or 3-5 years of experience in a data-driven role)
- Solid experience in financial services (experience in a trading environment would be a plus!), as well as strong SQL skills.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and reconciling financial transaction data.
- Knowledge of database and data storage concepts
- A willingness to work with messy data, approaches it as if it’s a fun puzzle to solve.
- Self-direction and detail orientation, with strong analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills.
- A team-first approach, prioritizing collaboration over credit, and interested in building strong relationships with peers across corporate functions.
- The mind of a planner, identifying and analyzing problems, proposing solutions, and anticipating future problem areas before initiating action
- Experience evaluating existing processes and developing effective process improvements.
- Self-confident enough to execute on tasks independently, trust his/her judgment, and yet know when to ask questions.
- An intellectually curious personality and a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Of course, a desire to join a growing company with a vibrant, entrepreneurial culture.
What does FRT offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company match)
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death, and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability) and access to a suite of voluntary benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
- We are a hybrid company. In office we offer:
- Close to public transit (walking distance to Wellington T on the Orange Line
- Free drinks and snacks
- Free parking onsite
- Free access to onsite gym
3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE. THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR MEDFORD, MA HEADQUARTERS. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE.
FRT provides equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence or other similar offenses, consumer credit history, unemployment, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
FRT is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.