As COVID-19 continues to impact global markets, its effect on the shareholder litigation landscape is minimal as we continue to see a steady flow of new U.S. Settled, non-U.S. opt-in, global passive and antitrust actions. This quarter, we highlight three upcoming antitrust deadlines and recent developments impacting non-U.S. securities litigation:
- Three Antitrust Cases to Keep On Your Radar
- [ Whitepapers ] Securities Litigation & Class Action Trends ― 2019 Year in Review
- [ Podcast ] Episode 1 ― Antitrust Case Spotlight: LIBOR Eurodollar > Listen here
- [ FAQs ] FRT Opt-In Monitoring > Download the factsheet
- [ Blogs ] Recent blogs published by FRT
* * *
>> Three Antitrust Cases to Keep On Your Radar
#1 LIBOR Exchange (Eurodollar) – read the case spotlight
Settlement Amount: $187m
Deadline: December 1, 2020
#2 LIBOR Bondholders – read the case update
Settlement Amount: $68.625m
Deadline: December 28, 2020
#3 LIBOR Green Pond – read the case spotlight
Settlement Amount: $21.775m
Deadline: January 3, 2021
>> [ Whitepapers ] Securities Litigation & Class Action Trends
2019 Year in Review – Antitrust Class Action Litigation
As antitrust settlements continue apace, investors are focusing on them as a distinct and reliable source of recovery dollars beyond securities class action.
2019 Year in Review – Global Opt-In & Passive Litigation
In 2019, we saw an oversupply of capital seeking investment in non-US securities and antitrust litigation – 43 new actions were brought in 9 different jurisdictions.
>> ANTITRUST RECOVERY
[PODCAST] Episode 1 ― Antitrust Case Spotlight: LIBOR Eurodollar
The LIBOR Eurodollar settlement addresses the Exchange-Based Plaintiffs, who transacted in Eurodollar futures contracts and options on Eurodollar futures, for suing various banks claiming that the banks individually and collectively manipulated U.S. Dollar LIBOR to benefit their trading positions and engaged in the suppression of LIBOR.
>> GLOBAL OPT-IN LITIGATION
FAQs: FRT Opt-In Monitoring
Download FRT’s FAQs on our Opt-In Monitoring solution for insight into:
- What is an Opt-In Group Action?
- What are the risks of joining an Opt-In Group Action?
- What factors should be considered when making a participation decision?
- What factors should be considered when deciding to join a specific action or choosing amongst multiple options?
- If we take action, how do we proceed?
>> SETTLED CLASS ACTION RECOVERY
Quarterly Disbursed Claims – Q3 2020
In Q3-2020, over $342 million of settlement funds were distributed across 24 settlements. For more information, contact your Financial Recovery Technologies representative or email us.
- Top 5 recently settled cases in Q3 represented a combined value of nearly $162.3 million
- Top 5 disbursed cases in Q3 represented a combined value of over $233 million
You can find information on recently settled and disbursed cases in our client portal. To learn more, contact your Financial Recovery Technologies representative or email us.
>> RECENT BLOGS BY FRT
- Trends Impacting Non-US Participation Processes
- Scotland: The Latest Country to Embrace Class Actions
- Jurisdiction Profile: Italy
- Recent Amendments in China Permit Class Actions
- Evolution of Global Opt-In Litigation
- Three Antitrust Cases to Keep On Your Radar
Subscribe to FRT’s Monthly Newsletter
Financial Recovery Technologies’ Shareholder Litigation Fast Five provides you with the top news in shareholder class actions. This is your exclusive summary of the latest industry developments related to settled, group and antitrust actions and recovery opportunities. Click here to subscribe.
To learn more about how FRT can help your firm maximize recoveries in shareholder class action settlements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SETTLED CLAIMS I PASSIVE GROUP I ANTITRUST I FUTURE CLAIMS I OPT-IN MONITORING I OPT-OUT MONITORING
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is the leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: email@example.com
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.