In 1H-2019, over $6 billion dollars settled across global shareholder litigation. With billions available to damaged investors in pending antitrust settlements and non-U.S. opportunities, now more than ever demonstrates the importance of having a comprehensive monitoring and claims fling program. This issue of FRT Insights provides:
- Two new jurisdiction profiles: Switzerland and Germany
- Global opt-in litigation case spotlight on Daimler AG
- A case study with LG Super, Australia’s leading superannuation fund
- Upcoming Antitrust deadlines
- An overview on Q2-2019 settled and disbursed claims
* * *
GLOBAL OPT-IN AND PASSIVE NON-U.S. LITIGATION
Jurisdiction Profile: Switzerland
In Switzerland, shareholder litigation is uncommon and to date has exclusively involved prospectus liability claims. As a result, there is limited precedent on many important issues.
Jurisdiction Profile: Germany
Unlike the U.S., Germany does not have class actions. Instead, in order to recover, each damaged investor must “opt-in” by registering their interest or joining an existing suit.
Case Spotlight: Daimler AG
Daimler AG, a German multinational automotive corporation, is facing allegations that it violated its obligations under the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG) by failing to disclose the use of “illegal defeat device” software installed in its vehicles to temporarily lower nitrous oxide levels emitted during emissions tests.
Two groups of organizers are planning recovery efforts against Daimler for related shareholder losses with upcoming deadlines. FRT has authored a German Jurisdiction Profile to help you understand how securities cases proceed in Germany – click here to download.
Case Study: LG Super establishes a centralized and best-in-class shareholder litigation recovery process with help from FRT
Learn why LG Super turned to Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for our reliability of settlement notifications, sophisticated reporting, and superior level of client service.
Upcoming Antitrust Deadlines
- Euribor ($182.5m): July 31, 2019 – click here to read the case update
- FX Canada ($106.7m): August 19, 2019 – click here to read the case spotlight
SETTLED CLASS ACTION RECOVERY
Quarterly Disbursed Claims – Q2 2019
In Q2-2019, over $557 million of settlement funds were distributed, across 16 settlements. For more information, contact your Financial Recovery Technologies representative or email us.
- Top 5 recently settled cases in Q2 represented a combined value of over $445 million
- Top 5 disbursed cases in Q2 represented a combined value of nearly $450 million
You can find information on recently settled and disbursed cases in our client portal. To learn more, contact your Financial Recovery Technologies representative or email us.
To learn more about how FRT can help your firm maximize recoveries in shareholder class action settlements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [WEBINAR] Trends in Global Shareholder Litigation: Implementing a Governance Policy
- Securities Class Action Cases: Quarterly Disbursed Claims – Q2-2019
- Case Spotlight: Daimler AG
- Three Key Things to Know About Non-U.S. Jurisdictions
- FX Case Update (March 2019): Memo filed in support of motion for initial distribution
- Case Spotlight: FX Canada
- Three Non-U.S. Passive Participation Opportunities to Keep on Your Radar
- EU Proposal May Move European Jurisdiction Risk Profiles Closer to the U.S.
- Unique Data in Complex J.P. Morgan ADR Case Presents Filing Challenges
- A Primer on Shareholder Class Action
- A Primer on Antitrust Class Litigation
- A Primer on Global Group Litigation
- A Primer on Future Claims Recovery
- Illustrating The Outer Time Limits By Which Filing Decisions Must Be Made
- Calculating Inflationary Losses for Comparison to Loss Thresholds
- Global Landscape Continues to Evolve in the Wake of Morrison Decision
- Jurisdiction Risk Profiles:
SETTLED CLAIMS I PASSIVE GROUP I ANTITRUST I FUTURE CLAIMS I OPT-IN MONITORING I OPT-OUT MONITORING
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is the leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.
- Follow us on Twitter: @FRTServices
- Follow us on LinkedIn: Financial Recovery Technologies
- Email us: email@example.com
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice. All material presented herein is believed to be reliable but FRT makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Opinions expressed in this communication may change without prior notice. Firms should always seek legal and financial advice specific to their unique situation and objectives.