Join a fast-growing company that is transforming its industry! Financial Recovery Technologies has become a trusted partner to hedge funds, mutual funds, custodians, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investment firms, and our best-in-class people and technology have made FRT a market leader. FRT is seeking a Controller to join our growing Finance Department. The Controller will collaborate with executives, finance, HR, sales, delivery, and other teams, and be responsible for all accounting operations.
As the Controller at FRT, you will:
- Lead accounting function:
- Oversee all aspects of accounting operations, processes, and compliance.
- Lead and develop the team to achieve goals and maximize their skills
- Lead annual financial audit:
- Oversee and coordinate activities and communications with auditors
- Prepare and issue financial statements
- Assess and evaluate processes and controls for continuous improvement:
- Ensure GAAP compliance, as well as local, state and federal reporting requirements and regulations
- Implement effective accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experienced, hands-on Controller with public accounting experience and previous controllership roles in financial services, technology, or professional services.
- Experience leading and managing all aspects of accounting operations including A/P, A/R, Balance Sheet account reconciliations, revenue recognition, payroll support, international consolidation, financial statements.
- Experience managing annual audit engagements and financial statement preparation.
- Experience implementing effective accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Experience managing and developing accounting teams.
- Experience with high volume cash accounting operations and/or treasury experience.
- Experience with accounting for acquisitions and other business combinations.
- CPA designation.
- Intellectually curious, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous growth; and
- Of course, looking to join a growing company with a vibrant, entrepreneurial culture, dedicated to being the top provider in the class action recovery space.
WHAT FRT OFFERS:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company match)
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability) and access to a suite of voluntary benefits
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
- We are a hybrid company
- Close to public transit (walking distance to Wellington T on Orange Line)
- Free parking onsite
- Free drinks and snacks
- Free access to onsite gym
FRT provides equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence or other similar offenses, consumer credit history, unemployment, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
FRT is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR MEDFORD, MA HEADQUARTERS. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE.
AGENCIES: WE ARE NOT WORKING WITH AGENCIES ON THIS REQUISITION.