News, Events & Awards
FRT and Eagle Investment Systems Establish Strategic Alliance to Help Institutional Clients Streamline Securities Class Action Lawsuit ServicesBOSTON, MA, April 24, 2018 – Financial Recovery Technologies (“FRT”) and Eagle Investment Systems LLC, a BNY Mellon company and leading provider of financial services technology, have established a strategic alliance to offer Eagle clients FRT’s industry-leading securities class action recovery services. FRT’s service will now be made available to Eagle clients to help mitigate risk, enhance reporting and facilitate the Continue Reading...Read More
- Australian Class Actions Outpace Other Non-U.S. Jurisdictions Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) research shows a record number of new securities actions in Australia – accounting for nearly 30% of the opt-in actions filed globally. Sydney, Australia, October 24, 2017 — Australia is among the most active jurisdictions for securities litigation efforts outside of the U.S. and Canada, breaking records for actions Continue Reading...Read More
- FRT research shows a record number of new actions in non-U.S. jurisdictions filed in 2016, and over $3 billion already available for recovery from antitrust settlements. MEDFORD, Mass., May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Institutional investors have moved beyond traditional U.S. securities litigation efforts to focus on damages in non-U.S. jurisdictions and antitrust violations, according to research from Financial Recovery Technologies Continue Reading...Read More
Financial Recovery Technologies Appoints Nasdaq, Thomson Reuters Veteran Cotter as Chief Revenue OfficerMEDFORD, Mass., Jan. 11, 2017 — Financial Recovery Technologies (“FRT”), a leading securities class action recovery services provider, has appointed Michael Cotter as its first Chief Revenue Officer. Over the last two years, FRT nearly tripled its roster of clients while rapidly expanding its product suite through innovation and acquisition, enabling the company to attract a seasoned executive like Cotter Continue Reading...Read More
- MEDFORD, MA, November 30, 2016 — Financial Recovery Technologies (“FRT”) has won Best in Investment Claim Filing & Monitoring Systems at the Corporate Vision 2016 Technology Innovator awards, and was named a “Visionary in Technology” in legal and consulting by TMT Magazine. These awards highlight cutting edge individuals, departments and firms who are developing and sharing the technology that will continue Continue Reading...Read More
Meet FRT at the following conferences. We will be adding additional shows, so be sure to check back regularly for updates.
- CII Spring 2018 Conference I March 12-14, 2018
- AIST CMSF 2018 I March 14-16, 2018
- ISITC Securities Operations Summit I March 18-21, 2018
- TEXPERS Annual Conference I April 15-18, 2018
- TUG Spring Conference I April 23-25, 2018
- Eagle Investments ENGAGE18 I April 22-25, 2018
- GAIM Ops Cayman Conference I April 22-25, 2018
Awards & Recognitions
- W&F Alternative Investment Awards – Best Class Action Recovery Solutions Provider – USA
- Acquisition International 2018 Legal Elite – Most Innovative Claim Filing & Monitoring Firm 2018
- M&A Today 2018 Global Awards – Best Financial Technology Company 2018 – USA
- Corporate USA Today 2018 Annual Awards – Best for Investment Claim Filing & Monitoring Systems – USA
- Acquisition International 2018 Leading Advisor– Leading Securities Class Action Filings Advisor of the Year, Massachusetts’
- Lawyer International Global Awards 2018 – Best Financial Technology Company 2018 – USA
- Acquisition International 2017 Legal Awards – Best for Securities Class Action Filing Solutions – USA
- Corporate America 2017 Legal Elite – Best Securities Class Action Monitoring Specialists
- Corporate Vision 2017 Global Excellence Awards – Most Outstanding Financial Technology Company 2017
- Expect Miracles YPEM 2017 Award (Young Professionals Expect Miracles) – Kate Richman
Participating in Non-U.S. Group Securities Litigation – A Detailed Process
The process for an investor to participate in a non-U.S. group action differs from that of a traditional “opt-out” class action common to the United States. While the mechanisms for non-U.S. group securities litigation vary between jurisdictions, the process for an investor to participate is rather standard.
Participation in a foreign group action often requires more involvement by the firm and its legal counsel, so having a resource dedicated to addressing foreign litigation is crucial.Download the Recording
Global Class Action Recovery: Risks & Opportunities outside the U.S. and Canada
The global securities litigation landscape continues to grow and evolve. We continue to see an uptick in activity in jurisdictions like Japan, UK and Dutch Foundation and a number of emerging jurisdictions like Taiwan.
Within jurisdictions that have been consistently active, like Australia, we’re seeing more parties involved (litigation funders, law firms, investment recovery firms), as well as new and inventive causes of action.