News, Events & Awards
- Australian Class Actions Outpace Other Non-U.S. Jurisdictions Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) research shows a record number of new securities actions in Australia – accounting for nearly 30% of the opt-in actions filed globally. Sydney, Australia, October 24, 2017 — Australia is among the most active jurisdictions for securities litigation efforts outside of the U.S. and Canada, breaking records for actions Continue Reading...Read More
- FRT research shows a record number of new actions in non-U.S. jurisdictions filed in 2016, and over $3 billion already available for recovery from antitrust settlements. MEDFORD, Mass., May 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Institutional investors have moved beyond traditional U.S. securities litigation efforts to focus on damages in non-U.S. jurisdictions and antitrust violations, according to research from Financial Recovery Technologies Continue Reading...Read More
Financial Recovery Technologies Appoints Nasdaq, Thomson Reuters Veteran Cotter as Chief Revenue OfficerMEDFORD, Mass., Jan. 11, 2017 — Financial Recovery Technologies (“FRT”), a leading securities class action recovery services provider, has appointed Michael Cotter as its first Chief Revenue Officer. Over the last two years, FRT nearly tripled its roster of clients while rapidly expanding its product suite through innovation and acquisition, enabling the company to attract a seasoned executive like Cotter Continue Reading...Read More
- MEDFORD, MA, November 30, 2016 — Financial Recovery Technologies (“FRT”) has won Best in Investment Claim Filing & Monitoring Systems at the Corporate Vision 2016 Technology Innovator awards, and was named a “Visionary in Technology” in legal and consulting by TMT Magazine. These awards highlight cutting edge individuals, departments and firms who are developing and sharing the technology that will continue Continue Reading...Read More
Financial Recovery Technologies Wins Best in Securities Class Action Monitoring by Corporate America Legal Elite 2016MEDFORD, MA, October 26, 2016 — Financial Recovery Technologies is the Best in Securities Class Action Monitoring in the Corporate America 2016 Legal Elite Awards. These awards recognize the skill and dedication of firms, teams and individuals that help and support the legal process, with a focus on the results that come from commitment and passion in the industry. “We Continue Reading...Read More
Meet FRT at the following conferences. We will be adding additional shows, so be sure to check back regularly for updates.
- CII Spring 2018 Conference I March 12-14, 2018
- AIST CMSF 2018 I March 14-16, 2018
- ISITC Securities Operations Summit I March 18-21, 2018
- TEXPERS Annual Conference I April 15-18, 2018
- TUG Spring Conference I April 23-25, 2018
- Eagle Investments ENGAGE18 I April 22-25, 2018
- GAIM Ops Cayman Conference I April 22-25, 2018
Awards & Recognitions
- Acquisition International 2017 Legal Awards – Best for Securities Class Action Filing Solutions – USA
- Corporate America 2017 Legal Elite – Best Securities Class Action Monitoring Specialists
- Corporate Vision 2017 Global Excellence Awards – Most Outstanding Financial Technology Company 2017
- Expect Miracles YPEM Award (Young Professionals Expect Miracles) – Kate Richman
- Wealth & Finance 2016 Business Awards – Best for Specialized Class Action Recovery Solutions – USA
- Acquisition International 2016 Legal Awards – Best in Class Securities Class Action Monitoring Service
- Corporate America 2016 Software & Technology Awards – Best Financial Technology Company 2016
- Corporate America 2016 Legal Elite – Best in Securities Class Action Monitoring
- Corporate Vision 2016 Technology Innovator Awards – Best for Investment Claim Filing & Monitoring Systems
- TMT Magazine – Best in Software and Data Awards USA 2016
- Wealth & Finance International, Best in Software and Data Awards
Participating in Non-U.S. Group Securities Litigation – A Detailed Process
The process for an investor to participate in a non-U.S. group action differs from that of a traditional “opt-out” class action common to the United States. While the mechanisms for non-U.S. group securities litigation vary between jurisdictions, the process for an investor to participate is rather standard.
Participation in a foreign group action often requires more involvement by the firm and its legal counsel, so having a resource dedicated to addressing foreign litigation is crucial.Download the Recording
Global Class Action Recovery: Risks & Opportunities outside the U.S. and Canada
The global securities litigation landscape continues to grow and evolve. We continue to see an uptick in activity in jurisdictions like Japan, UK and Dutch Foundation and a number of emerging jurisdictions like Taiwan.
Within jurisdictions that have been consistently active, like Australia, we’re seeing more parties involved (litigation funders, law firms, investment recovery firms), as well as new and inventive causes of action.