By Andrew Lasky, Legal Product Specialist, Financial Recovery Technologies and Jenn Rothenberg, VP of Marketing, Financial Recovery Technologies
As per the proposed timeline of events, FRT was recently notified that the portal has been opened for all eligible claimants wishing to file claims with the administrator in the Forex manipulation settlement. If you have not received your login details, and believe you are eligible to file a claim, FRT can contact the claims administrator on your behalf to confirm and track down your credentials.
There are many reasons why you may not have received your login details as we discussed last quarter in our webinar: Antitrust Trends, Challenges and Opportunities (listen to the on-demand webinar):
- The enormous volume of data that the claims administrator must manage to identify claimants creates risks and misses.
- The notice may have erroneously gone to a different organization or to a different person. Typically the notice is addressed to the entity as a whole.
- The notice may have been disregarded and assumed that this was a typical securities claims form and someone else was managing the recovery.
- Settling defendants, who provide the claims administrator with the relevant data, may have gaps in their data and falsely determined your firm to be ineligible and therefore did not mail your login credentials.
- There may be an erroneous determination with respect to your domicile (especially if you’re outside of the U.S.) and the claims administrator determines your firm to be ineligible.
At FRT, we’re helping our clients navigate this complex and significant antitrust class action case from beginning to end. The proposed next steps in the timeline are the February opt-out deadline, and the March claims filing deadline. FRT will continue to monitor this matter and alert you to the progress, including any changes in the proposed timeline of events.
If you have not received your login credentials, and believe you are eligible to file a claim, please reach out to your account manager or email us at email@example.com.
- FX Case Update (June 2017): Preliminary timeline and expected preliminary approval of settlement with five more defendants
- Sep 29: Deutsche Bank Reaches Settlement in the Forex Case > $190 million
- Whitepaper: Antitrust – The Evolving Fiduciary Landscape
- Whitepaper: 2016 Year In Review – Global, Antitrust and U.S. Securities Class Action
- FX FAQ: How do I know whether I’m eligible for recovery?
- FX FAQ: When is the claims administration process likely to begin?
U.S. CLAIMS I GLOBAL I ANTITRUST I LITIGATION MONITORING I BUYOUTS
Founded in 2008, Financial Recovery Technologies (FRT) is a leading technology-based services firm that helps the investment community identify eligibility, file claims and collect funds made available in securities and other class action settlements. Offering the most comprehensive range of claim filing and monitoring services available, we provide best-in-class eligibility analysis, disbursement auditing and client reporting, and deliver the highest level of accuracy, accountability and transparency available. For more information, go to www.frtservices.com.